Re: [DNS] New 2LD Proposals (to date)

From: Kim Davies <kim§cynosure.com.au>
Date: Tue, 11 Jun 2002 11:21:41 +0200
Quoting ginger FISH on Monday June 10, 2002:
| It doesn't really apply to individuals.
| basically for most people it will be :
| " Why do i have to register a domain name to have an email address, my
| bigpond address works and it doesn't cost me much.I don't want to pay for
| domain registration and email hosting ( first because i don't know shit
| about al that internet stuff, so i want to save me a headache ) to get an
| e-mail i am going to check once a week ! "

I don't agree. When the price point comes down then people will register
their own domains because they get a lifelong email address that is not
tied to an ISP, or the whims of some "free" email provider. I think it is
quite common for people to have personal domains in countries where the
price of registration is small.

kim