RE: [DNS] Incorrect .asn.au eligibility description on AusRegistry

From: Ian Johnston <ian.johnston§infobrokers.com.au>
Date: Tue, 25 Jun 2002 07:11:43 +1000
Ian

I raised this issue of an apparent change of .asn.au eligibility
policy with Chris Disspain and Jo Lim (AusRegistry present) at the
auDA public Seminar in Canberra recently.

I did so on the basis that the Small Business Coalition
<www.setel.com.au/sbcmembers/index.htm> is a coalition of registered
small business associations, but it is not an incorporated association
and therefore would not be eligible to apply for a .asn.au domain
name.  So associations that formed "partnership" arrangements would
not be eligible for a .asn.au domain name on my interpretation of the
proposed eligibility policy.

Chris said he would address this issue and his response to me was
positive.  Hopefully, your concern will also be addressed.

Someone - not the auDA Board that I can see from published Board
decisions - appears to have rewritten the eligibility policy at the
implementation stage.

IMO, the current policy should stand, unless there are compelling
reasons for changing the policy and they are published.

I'm was a Name Policy Advisory Panel Member.

Ian

--
Ian Johnston, Policy Consultant
Small Enterprise Telecommunications Centre (SETEL)

SETEL is a national small business consumer association
advancing the interest of Australian small business
as telecommunications and e-commerce consumers