RE: [DNS] Internet Registry

From: David James - The Pagesmith <david.james§pagesmith.com.au>
Date: Fri, 5 Jul 2002 12:29:24 +1000
>But .... I (or they) could win a trip to Fiji, it says!

>Is there a permit number authorised by the STATE SECRETARY for the
"chance"
>to win?  It's an illegal competition otherwise.

They quote SA Licence No. T02/2246

http://www.austlii.edu.au/au/legis/nsw/consol_act/laaua1901273/s3.html

LOTTERIES AND ART UNIONS ACT 1901 - SECT 3
3 Selling or disposing of goods etc by lottery or chance prohibited

(1) No person shall under any pretence form denomination or description
whatsoever or by means of any device or contrivance whatsoever sell or
dispose of or agree or promise whether with or without consideration to
sell or dispose of any property whatsoever real or personal to or among
any person or persons whomsoever by means of any game either of skill or
of chance or of any other contrivance or device whatsoever whereby any
such property is sold or disposed of or agreed or promised to be sold or
disposed of or divided or allotted to or among any person or persons by
lottery or chance whether by the throwing or casting of any dice or the
drawing of any tickets cards lots numbers figures or by means of any
wheel or otherwise howsoever.

It's a penalty of 50 units.  About $5000 if my current unit==dollar
value
is right. (Per offence)