Re: [DNS] Solution to Name Registration

From: Ian Smith <smithi§nimnet.asn.au>
Date: Fri, 5 Jul 2002 15:51:35 +1000 (EST)
On Fri, 5 Jul 2002, Michael-Pappas wrote:

 > Adam
 >
 > I'm not going to take this much further, but your ideas for DNS are very
 > different than mine.

And most everyone else's, looks like.  Must have missed the new 2LD Panel.

 > I feel that domain should be used in ways that compliment companies,
 > organisations, individuals, non-profits policital parties eetc etc and you
 > are using leglisative law to restrict and stop open use of the DNS...
 > Not my idea of the DNS...

I remember Adam Todd from the Fidonet days, where he attempted to apply
LAW in that venue (Fidonet being a voluntary unincorporated association)
by attempting, unsuccessfully, to drag the pollies in to 'control' it.

That was when I first learned what a Troll was.  Pointless to argue ..

Please trim quotes of it to relevant material, or we'll have a 50k at a
time flame war on our hands before long at all .. :)

Cheers, Ian

[CUT]