RE: [DNS] Unbelievable Enetica/AusRegistry

From: Jon Lawrence <jon§jonlawrence.com>
Date: Wed, 24 Jul 2002 09:55:33 +0100
Skeeve

Real time zone and whois updates are a great innovation in the industry.
 Note that Neulevel (.biz/.us) and Afilias (.info) have also been offering
this functionality for some time.

On another note...I applied for a .id.au name through TPP Internet some
weeks ago.  The name was registered within a couple of days (don't know
exactly how long it took as I was travelling and didn't get a chance to
check - may have been instantaneous).  I took however 9 (yes nine) days
to get the name delegated.

I have just received my credit card statement and was somewhat surprised
to see a A$149 charge rather than the A$49 I had agreed to.  I have been
advised that the additional A$100 was for the email and web forwarding service
that I selected.

I have two problems with this:
(1) this charge was not at any time spelt out during their somewhat eclectic
ordering process
(2) A$100 for email and web forwarding for 2 years...now that's what I call
margin...

Needless to say I shan't be dealing with this registrar again.

regards
jon