RE: [DNS] Fwd: Notice: To Protect Your Online Identity, We Offer a High Security Feature Free to Our Customers Account # <- N-BTQK9 ->

From: Ron Stark <ronstark§businesspark.com.au>
Date: Tue, 20 Aug 2002 09:14:58 +1000
Some quick observations:

1	I can't see the relevance of the "security lock" - that protection
is an integral part of every registrar's procedures

2	How can they offer a 1-year renewal when there's a 2-year minimum
for .com.au domains?

3	The offer is a "not-opt-out" one that involves a "We'll take your
money if you don't reply".  I have a BIG problem with that one.

4	I have a problem with the notion that the "not-opt-out" debit
authorisation is couched in terms of "this is a free security feature" - a
plain nonsense, especially when the "protection" is provided by every
registrar.

5	Although an apparently small excess, isn't there a maximum of 90
days prior notice?  Why 95 days?

6	There's an inference that if you turn the "security feature" off you
no longer enjoy protection against malicious transfers to other registrars.
Isn't this then in violation of the Registrar's Agreement?

Ron Stark