Re: [DNS] Old and New Policy

From: Ian&#167;LemonStone <auda§lemonstone.com.au>
Date: Fri, 23 Aug 2002 10:46:01 +1000
Kim

> My understanding was that you could not have submitted an application at
> 9:30am because the old registry/system/policy closed a few days prior
> and therefore no applications were being processed. If you sent them to
> a registrar I guess they were queued until 10am and then processed.

Actually it was a Registrar who was accepting applications prior to the
10:00 am start and the domain name in question was classed as a restricted
word under the old policy.

If an application was queued and then processed then that brings into
question at what point is the contract made. I assumed that when you check
the "I agree to Terms & conditions" box then that is when you are entering
into the contract not when it is processed. If this is the case then a
restricted word was obviously unavailable at that time.

Also I didn't realise that one could pre-register domain names in the au
namespace.

Ian