RE: [DNS] MIT sending advertising for .com.au

From: Josh Rowe <josh§email.nu>
Date: Fri, 23 Aug 2002 18:00:31 +1000
Drew,

auDA's Interim Code of Practice specifically bans unsolicited emails
from it's registrars.

Do you have an existing relationship with MelbourneIT?

Interim Code of Practice for Registrars and Resellers in the .au Domain
http://www.auda.org.au/docs/auda-2002-13.txt

"5.5	Domain name suppliers may make a service offering to a
registrant (other than as described in
paragraphs 5.1 and 5.2), provided that:

[snip-snip]

	e) the offer is not sent as an email message, unless the domain
name supplier has an existing relationship with the registrant, or the
registrant has requested to opt-in to receive marketing information from
the domain name supplier. Any such email must include a simple and
effective opt-out mechanism;"

If you believe MelbourneIT's actions are against the Code of Practice
then please lodge your complaint via this process:
http://www.auda.org.au/registrars/complaints.html

For more information on the spam problem in Australia visit:
http://www.caube.org.au/

Josh
--
http://josh.id.au/