[domain transfer] time lost??.

From: Marco Botros <mehanna§tpg.com.au>
Date: Fri, 30 Aug 2002 11:38:21 +1000
Talk about convusion or misprint, or what is it exactly???????????.

Ón the following page:

http://www.auda.org.au/help/registration.html#004
Before your domain name is due to expire, your registrar of record
(or the reseller you normally deal with) will send you a renewal notice.
You cannot renew your domain name more than

the expiry date. Your registrar of record (or the reseller you normally deal with)
will process the renewal for you.

then linking to text version in the same answered question you get:

3. DOMAIN NAME RENEWAL
3.1 The domain name licence period is fixed at 2 years. This means that when a domain name is
registered or renewed, it has a fixed expiry date 2 years from the date of registration of renewal.
For example, if a domain name is registered or renewed on 1 January 2002, the expiry date is 1 January 2004.

3.2 Domain names may be renewed a

before the expiry date.

I mean really people. Clients must be able to renew in the last 90 days and not get
any kind of penalty in regards to period of domain registeration.

I encourage auDa, to follow gTLD policy regarding this transfer of domains. it is ONLY FAIR

regards,

Marco Botros
Operations Manager
Spirit Servers
mehanna&#167;spiritservers.com.au
http://spiritservers.com.au

Spirit Servers, "A Solid, Reliable .dotHosting".