Re: [DNS] RE: bizcatalyst.com.au

From: <craig.ng§maddocks.com.au>
Date: Fri, 20 Sep 2002 17:04:29 +1000
Bernard

You may care to note that auDA is a non-profit organisation.

This means that the proceeds will be used to fund the operating costs of
managing .au.  The higher the proceeds from the auction, the lower amount of
levy will need to be imposed on domain name registrations in the long run.  It
is not as though the money disappears into someone's pocket! com.au is after all a commercial domain.  What is wrong with getting the
market to fund such operating costs and other projects which ultimately
benefit the Australian Internet community (which auDA is obliged to do under
its constitution)?

Craig

Craig Ng
Partner
Maddocks

t  +613 9288 0523
f  +613 9288 0666
e  craig.ng&#167;maddocks.com.au

>>> "bw&#167;efe.com.au" 20/09/02 4:57:45 pm >>>
Rod,

Was it fair that the person with most money won the domain?

Wouldnt drawing them from a hat been better?

Yes i agree, money make the world go round, the auDA is making sure they
stop that too AFTER they made theirs

I was part of serveral auctions that went for quite large sums,
nobody knows it yet tho because the cards are not all on the table.

Bernard Weekes