Re: [DNS] RE: bizcatalyst.com.au

From: Adrian Chadd <adrian§creative.net.au>
Date: Fri, 20 Sep 2002 20:27:15 +0800
On Fri, Sep 20, 2002, Skeeve Stevens wrote:

> It doesn't fall anywhere.  auDA has no authority to interfere in any
> party selling a business entity.... nor do they have any say in how that
> person advertises the entity they want to sell.  Saying a business owns
> a great domain name(s) is a perfectly legitimate method of marketing -
> and one that auDA has no right to interfere in.
>
> Pretty soon all the domain name sellers will just making sure they have
> business names for the domains they really legitimately want to move....
> and there will be nothing that anyone can do about it.

However, at least in WA when I registered my business name a few years
ago, they made quite a stink about businesses registered for the sole
purpose of obtaining a domain name.

IANAL so I can't say how far that'd extend (ie selling of a business
or company purely for domain name transfer) but, come on..

Adrian

--
Adrian Chadd			"<WeBGrrL> i WAS a lesbian.....but now i love everyone :P"
<adrian&#167;creative.net.au>