Re: [DNS] Gold rush days are over for generic domain names

From: Doug Robb <doug§clarity.com.au>
Date: Tue, 8 Oct 2002 10:10:25 +0800 (WST)
On Tue, 8 Oct 2002, Josh Rowe wrote:

> Gold rush days are over for generic domain names
> http://afr.com/it/2002/10/08/FFX8PTDAZ6D.html

I think its a bit hard to say "bidders realise the value of
a domain name - not much at all." etc as the tone of the
article continues in that vein. I think in many ways it has
demonstrated just the opposite - that there *is* a demand
for domain names people, for one reason or another, consider
are worth paying more for.

The auction process had establised a more accurate market
price than the ambit claims of some dreamers and has
given everyone an idea of what constitues a valuable
generic from just a generic. I'd really like to see
a published list at some stage of the prices on all
generics sold.

regards
Doug