RE: [DNS] Melbourne IT Your "Trusted" Australian Registrar

From: Lewis Cody <lew§westpages.com.au>
Date: Thu, 24 Oct 2002 20:50:09 +0800
Dave, I too was appalled that Melb IT did what they did. spewing in fact...
I  simply wrote an email stating I had "terminated with them" as I was
wanting to get a better deal for my clients (Melb IT rate had dropped 10
cents when competition came in). I demanded they  re word their email
appropriately. I CC'd AUDA and BCC'd my clients - all bases covered.
About 5 days later Melb IT contacted my clients with a reworded email.
The next day AUDA replied saying they had instructed Melb IT to make amends
ie as above.
about 2 hrs later Melb IT emailed to say they had.

The best thing about the whole episode is although my clients were initially
confused - they saw me react with my explanation and action to both Melb IT
& AUDA which was then followed by Melb IT's reworded email. The end result
is I have increased my credibility with my clients as having looked after
them when Melb IT failed to - with regard to pricing.....

-Lew Cody (also ex Melb IT now with Enetica - waiting for more of my clients
to approach their renewal dates so as to transfer them from Melb IT)