Re: [DNS] Generic Domain Name Transfers

From: <craig.ng§maddocks.com.au>
Date: Mon, 4 Nov 2002 9:11:17 +1100
Lino

Under the new eligibility rules, the domain name no longer needs to be an
exact match or an abbreviation of the company/business name.  The eligibility
rules now include a 'close and substantial connection' test.  See:

http://www.auda.org.au/docs/auda-2002-07.txt

Regards
Craig

Craig Ng
Partner
Maddocks

t  +613 9288 0523
f  +613 9288 0666
e  craig.ng&#167;maddocks.com.au

>>> "sysop&#167;webzone.net.au" 1/11/02 7:30:58 pm >>>
Hi,

We participated in the auction for a generic domain name and were the
second highest bidder. We were able to participate in the auction
because our name includes the generic word.

However I have just had a look at the succesful bidder and their name
has no relevance to the generic word. I did not think this was possible.

It looks like the sucessful bidder may have transferred the name to
another party. Is this allowed under the current policy?

Lino

author, further information at the above URL.  (361 subscribers.)

Craig Ng

Maddocks
Tel: (03) 92880555   International: +61 3 92880555
Fax: (03) 92880666   International: +61 3 92880666
Web: http://www.maddocks.com.au
The information in this electronic mail is privileged
and confidential, intended only for use of the individual
or entity named.  If you are not the intended recipient,
any dissemination, copying or use of the information is
strictly prohibited.  If you have received this transmission
in error please delete it immediately from your system
and inform us by email on info&#167;maddocks.com.au.