Re: [DNS] Media Release - New Names

From: John Simmons <jss§adam.genesis.net.au>
Date: Thu, 14 Nov 2002 11:00:09 +1100 (EST)
I think that this is agreat idea, and I fully support it.

One obvious question that it raises though is what now happens to the
policy about place names within the other .au domains.  Will they now
be made available for use in the usual ways?  eg:  Could the "Ballarat
Fish and Chip Shop" now apply, and be approved, for the domain name
ballarat.com.au?

All the best.

John Simmons - Director                     Genesis Networks
Phone:   (03) 9754 6479                     Web:    www.genesis.net.au
Fax:     (03) 9754 6514                     Email:  jss&#167;genesis.net.au
Postal:  3 Gully Crescent Belgrave Victoria 3160 Australia