Nothing like making it hard

From: Saints Support <support§saintspc.com.au>
Date: Tue, 19 Nov 2002 12:49:09 +1100
I mean I know we all complained about the security of the .au DB and yes
I had my fair share of moans.

But when it comes down to it. Using a Shared Proxy server like telstra's
IP Address '165.228.129.11' has been blacklisted. This will be reset in
1 hour.

And getting to make like 2 querries on the whois for my own domains is
just stupid.

I have to go through and configure my office exuipment not to use that
proxy or to wait the one hour and try again.

I mean why when other places that have usage limits actully trace down
and get the requesters IP address through the proxy why is it that
ausregistry can't???

I never had this problem on aunic.net it complain sure but that was
after me getting quiet a few request's in.

In this case I did not even make it worth while opening up the website.

Oh well my whine for today...

David Uzzell
Technical Sales Consultant
Saints PC Pty Ltd T/as Diversified Data
Ph 1300 36 55 70 or (02) 9533 7388
Fax (02) 9533 7322
www.diversified.com.au

PGP Key ID=0xA594C38B
www.keyserver.net

Confidentiality Note: This e-mail is sent to and intended for use by the
named addressees only.  It contains confidential information. If you
receive this e-mail in error, please telephone  Saints PC Pty Ltd T/as
Diversified Data on +612 9533 7388, and then delete this message
immediately. Further, you should not re-transmit, copy, store,
or reveal the contents of this message to any third party.