Re: [DNS] Nothing like making it hard

From: Adrian Chadd <adrian§creative.net.au>
Date: Wed, 20 Nov 2002 14:31:31 +0800
On Wed, Nov 20, 2002, Ian Smith wrote:
>  > > But that's not the issue - it's like the locks on the door - really
>  > > there to keep the honest people away. It's easier to get around the
>  > > lookup limits in other ways that generating custom request headers...
>  >
>  > Well, if you want a reasonably foolproof setup why not ask ausregistry
>  > to implement
>  > an authenticated whois-style system? Then you can perform some useful
>  > statistical
>  > checks on the access patterns.
>
> Sure why not, but meanwhile how hard is it to set your AnyBrowser to not
> use the proxy cache for ausregistry.com.au if you do want to use HTTP?

Transparent proxies?

Hm. I remember someone &#167;ausregistry pointing out an alternate whois
server (with no restrictions?) which only returned an ACK/NAK. Is that
still operational and if so, where would it be?

Adrian

--
Adrian Chadd			"<WeBGrrL> i WAS a lesbian.....but now i love everyone :P"
<adrian&#167;creative.net.au>