FW:registry keys

From: Daniel Jumeau <Bluecom§comdom.net>
Date: Wed, 18 Dec 2002 16:19:35 +0800

-----Original Message-----
From: Daniel Jumeau [mailto:Bluecom&#167;comdom.net]
Sent: Wednesday, 18 December 2002 3:11 PM
To: 'michael&#167;uregister.com.au'
Subject: FROM ANGRY MAN

Hi everyone

What I would like to know who made the policy that a registry key is
needed to renew an Australian domain name it is pathetic. They say it is
for security reasons that is fair enough  security reasons for
protecting the details of the registrant. But if a person wants to pay
money to renew a domain name why should more details other that a domain
name and a business name be needed to renew domains. If a person wants
to pay money to renew someone else’s domain why should that be
protected. I agree that a password should be present for updating and
changing details, but for renewing domains is obtuse.

 It makes it very difficult to compete with Melbourne IT when they have
all the keys and change them as they like to make it difficult for other
resellers and registrars to provide a competitive market.

Today I have had a registrant call up asking for a renewal I send him
the registry key he provided it, It was incorrect I then went to
Melbourne IT website  to send him the current registry key. It was still
incorrect even from Melbourne IT , this is where the domain was held.

Anyone who has an answer for this stupid system please reply

Daniel

---

---

---