Melbourne IT Unneccessarily Scaring Registrants

From: Lew Cody <lew§westpages.com.au>
Date: Thu, 19 Dec 2002 09:06:57 -0800
I was a reseller with Melb IT and like many others I left them in July. Some
of my existing customer base still have domains registered with them. As
they come up for renewal I transfer them to my new registrar. Nothing
unusual in that. Melb IT send out their automatic reminders coming up to the
renewal date - fine no probs with that.

BUT

Yesterday Melbourne IT sent out an email to one of my customers with a
subject
"URGENT! {AUR#Cxx-Bxx-xxx} xxxxx.com.au expired 12-Dec-02T"
My customer as you can imagine was a bit distressed and forwarded it on to
me.
I have the renewal date as being "14 Jan 2003" and was just about to start
transferring it - no panic.
But now Melb IT have unneccessarily scared my customer.
On retrieving his registry keys the renewal date is clearly stated as 14 Jan
but none the less unneccessary panic was caused.

Anyone else had this "service" provided by Melbourne IT.

Lew