Re: [DNS] Accredited?

From: Jon Lawrence <jon§jonlawrence.com>
Date: Thu, 16 Jan 2003 11:41:59 +0000
Hi Lucien

That record in Verisign GRS's whois (the .com & .net registry) simply means
that someone (from or through Dotster) has created a simple text record
(without an IP address) in that registry for a nameserver called gov.au.
 This record has absolutely no impact on the functioning of the DNS itself
however, as requests for this server would always be routed through the
.au authortative nameservers.

rgds
jon