Re: [DNS] Consumer Alert

From: Deus Ex Machina <vicc§cia.com.au>
Date: Tue, 4 Mar 2003 16:42:03 +1100
perhaps then you can tell us, how many domains you have scored with
your misleading mailout? why are you deliberately breaching the code of conduct?
will you be refunding all monies received?

your mailout claims you are "allied" to australian style aka bottle domains,
can you clarify the relationship given bottle denies having anything
to do with you, despite your web site using bottles reseller system?

can you provide any evidence as to how you collected whois data?

can you explain how you are "protecting" the public by misleading them?
or who has authorised you to "protect" and defend the public when you clearly
have not even read or have chosen to ignore the code of conduct?

can you explain what a "Commercial Domain Protection Division" is, when
you are not even an official reseller? can you explain exactly what these protection
services are that you offer?

from your web site:
"If you received a letter from us it's purely an offer to renew your domain where
the benefits that accompany that registration or renewal are limitless"

can you clarify what any of these "limitless" benefits are? do you understand anything
about trade pratices law?

Vic