RE: [DNS] com.au Domain Names

From: John Thomson <john§hep10.com>
Date: Wed, 26 Mar 2003 16:09:53 +1000
I can think of many cases where unfair registrations have occurred. If
someone wants to hijack a name and they go to a little trouble as in setting
up a business name that reasonably could use that name there is nothing to
stop them. As long as they avoid making an obvious misuse they are safe. It
is unfortunate but sadly it is the way life works.

Perfect example is how Fairfax scored some of their domain names. Look at
drive and domain, both of which were once generic names but somehow Fairfax
got them. Go Figure! As my girlfriend always tells me... Get over it!

John