RE: [DNS] Domain Directors snatches top spot from Melbourne IT

From: John Thomson <john§hep10.com>
Date: Thu, 27 Mar 2003 13:33:29 +1000
How can Josh possibly compare different registrars on service levels? He is
only comparing some definite services and doing a great job at it. I'd like
the two lists showing Retail and Reseller but that's only a wish list thing
so I know who would give me the best price.

The extra service levels only apply when you are talking hosting and other
features. Having been in this industry for a lot of years I have learnt how
bad service levels are from numerous hosting companies. Probably no great
need to name them here but service standards only become apparent as you
deal with an organisation.

I think the list is a valuable resource for anyone wanting a basic domain
name package. I'd be outraged as a consumer copping $165 then finding out
there are other companies providing the same basic service for over $100
less. That $165 price really is criminal. :P It's no wonder you don't want
that list exposing your heinous overpricing. ;-)

John