Re: [DNS] Consumer Alert - FYI

From: Craig Ng <Craig.Ng§maddocks.com.au>
Date: Thu, 19 Jun 2003 12:28:22 +1000
Hello Jason

I seem to be writing to you a lot today!!  :-)

Mr Rafferty is not an auDA Accredited Registrar, nor to my knowledge, a reseller that has been 'notified' to auDA by a registrar (as registrars are required to do under the Registrar Agreement).

For this reason, Mr Rafferty does not fall within auDA's direct or contractual sphere of control.  auDA's remedy lies in taking actions under the Trade Practices Act in the Federal Court, which it has done previously in relation to a specific mailout.

Craig

Craig Ng
Partner
Maddocks

t  +613 9288 0523
f  +613 9288 0666
e  craig.ng&#167;maddocks.com.au

>>> jasonpay&#167;au1.ibm.com 19/06/03 12:16:43 pm >>>

How many times does an organisation have to breach the auDA policy before
their registrar / resellar status is revoked?
looks like Mr Rafferty does not have a great deal of regard for the auDA
policys and like some other organisations is persuing an agenda to reap as
much money as they can while the regulations can be circumvented.

>Both Mr Rafferty and Internet Registry Pty Ltd have been the subject of
>previous media releases by auDA which can be located at:

http://www.auda.org.au/about/news/2002070802.html

http://www.auda.org.au/about/news/2002072902.html

http://www.auda.org.au/about/news/2002090902.html

http://www.auda.org.au/about/news/2002092002.html

http://www.auda.org.au/about/news/2002092602.html

Chris Disspain

CEO - auDA

author, further information at the above URL. (368 subscribers.)

Maddocks

Tel: (03) 92880555   International: +61 3 92880555
Fax: (03) 92880666   International: +61 3 92880666

Web: http://www.maddocks.com.au

The information in this electronic mail is privileged
and confidential, intended only for use of the individual
or entity named.  If you are not the intended recipient,
any dissemination, copying or use of the information is
strictly prohibited.  If you have received this transmission
in error please delete it immediately from your system
and inform us by email on info&#167;maddocks.com.au.