Fw: RE: FOI and Privacy Act request

From: jamesguy <jamesguy§guyassociates.com.au>
Date: Fri, 18 Jul 2003 09:56:00 +1000
Lets hope that the following response does not follow the same road as this little gem.  And has auDA adopted the Privacy Act provisions.  Someone mentioned that it had.  I think we need clarification on this point.

Dear Mr Guy,

I refer to your email below and respond as follows:-

1.  I am not aware of the existence of any 'Official Information Act'.
Please provide me with further information so that I may respond more
fully to you.

2.  auDA is a public company limited by guarantee, and is not
Commonwealth or State Government agency, nor a public sector
organisation. Neither the Information Privacy Act 2000, nor any of the
State or Federal Freedom of Information Acts apply to it.

3.  The only personal information held by auDA about you - James A.L.
Guy - is your name, address and telephone number, as is contained in
your recent email communication to us.  If you are a licensee of a .au
domain name, then the WHOIS data held by auDA may also contain contact
information for you.

4.  All information concerning the operation of the WHOIS database is
available in the public domain, including on auDA's web site.

Regards,

Chris Disspain
CEO - auDA
ceo&#167;auda.org.au