RE: [DNS] Domain auctions

From: Josh Rowe <josh§email.nu>
Date: Sun, 20 Jul 2003 21:50:18 +1000

The generic auction was only for com.au names.

> For example law.net.au has been registered by a non-legal entity.

from: http://whois.ausregistry.net.au/?domain=law.net.au

Domain ROID:             D0284883-AR
Domain Name:             law.net.au
Last Modified:           Never Updated
Registrar ID:            R00001-AR
Registrar Name:          auDA

Registrant:              Minter Ellison Services
Registrant ID:           OTHER N/A

Registrant ROID:         C0854643-AR
Registrant Contact Name: THE MANAGER
Registrant Email:        karen.lowery&#167;minterellison.com

Tech ID:                 C0854645-AR
Tech Name:               unknown
Tech Email:              unknown_contact&#167;ausregistry.net.au

Name Server:             job.acay.com.au
Name Server:             portac.acay.com.au

from:
http://www.search.asic.gov.au/cgi-bin/gns030c?acn=003_428_439&juris=9&hd
text=ACN&srchsrc=1

Name MINTER ELLISON SERVICES PTY LIMITED
ACN 003 428 439

ABN 79 003 428 439

Type Australian Proprietary Company, Limited By Shares
Registration
Date 14/12/1987
Status Registered
Locality
of Registered
Office Forrest ACT 2603
Jurisdiction Australian Securities & Investments Commission

> I filed a complaint with auda on this a couple of
> weeks ago and as auda is the registrar of record nothing has
> happened.  Surely this domain along with other such names
> should be placed in the the domain market.

The DNS list is not going to solve your problem, if that is what you're
trying to achieve?

If you have exhausted all of the avenues provided by the published auDA
policies then you have the courts to take your claim to.

Also a large proportion of the 368 subscribers to this list are your
peers (lawyers).  I suggest that you re-read your posts to the list with
that in mind.

Josh
--
http://josh.id.au/