Re: [DNS] Uninhibited disclosure of auDA weakness

From: jamesguy <jamesguy§guyassociates.com.au>
Date: Sun, 20 Jul 2003 22:45:05 +1000
My typos may not assist.  Companies that contract with Business in the US are subject to anti-trust regulation as if they were a US company.  So if the business is performing anti-competitively then the uS government is able to investigate a party to the transaction in the uS.  auda has a registry agreement with a US business.  It has a monopoly in Australia as granted under the contract with a US business.  ICANN contracts with other organisations are currently under scrutiny by both government and anti-trust claims fliled in the US by businesses against ICANN for anti-competitive behaviour.  Should the US government discover anti competitive behaviour by ICANN and its contracting businesses then it will not hesitate to act against ICANN and the contracting parties.

Obviously the US government would contact the Australian government and the Australian government would be under pressure to reform.

My point is it is better to reform from within than from outside government interference.

Your comment about the tender process is noted but rejected.  How much paper would auda be burried in in reality -probably very little.  How much money does auDA receive from the communty a lot.  Why are there not more people employed by auDA so that it can function?

Who is responsible for these allocations - the Board and the CEO.

It has been running for 8 years and there have been a number of voices complain about transparency, and accounatbility.

I have heard comments in business circles that some interests are doing very well out of exclusive relationships with public money.  That is auda public money.  So why have the Board not reacted.

Apparently it has had a tender policy formed that has not been applied.  We have heard nothing to the contrary with respect to a $200,000 legal tender and that is just the start of things.  Even the partner at Maddocks has not commented as to whether Maddocks tendered.

What is the story?  Surely a $200,000 tender should be work at least a ream of paper?

Time for auda to get real.  How is the Board going to react to the issues raised.  Will they be addressed at the next meeting of the Board.  There has been absolutely no feed back.

It is not because the Board has not been receiving this email as we all know.  As for block voting I admit it is a desperate measure but in my opinion these are desperate times for auda.

As for kicking up a storm and etiquette that is something I may have to work on.  I am new to this list thing.

As discussed the carpet bombing as someone described it will cease when there is something presented that changes will be made.