RE: [DNS] Release of registry information on total ownership if individuals

From: Tech Support <support§saintspc.com.au>
Date: Tue, 22 Jul 2003 14:31:31 +1000
I did get that! But the issues is still there, either jamesguy gave out
what domains he had registered for someone to post on the list or the
information was gained somehow?

Now I have tried several different ways to access the Public whois
database and I can't cross reference any of my registered domains by
using my Contact details and it spiting out a list of what domains are
registered to my contact details.

I have to know the Domain names in the first place to be able to get the
contact details.

Regards
David Uzzell

Junk
> in the Mail comes from all the people tring to scam Registration or
> transfers from Users who are not 100% savy or even want to know just
as
> long as it works.
>
> We get enough junk in the mail and via email or Invoice for Domain
name
> Rego's of TLD's or transfers of .au's PLEASE PLEASE lets not get back
> free and open WHOIS data Access.
>
> I would be interested as well in how that information was collected?
>
> Looks like someone who works somewere and has access to the data as
part
> of their possible job but they should not be using it to publish that
> type of data around the traps! What makes what that person did any
> better than what others do with regards to abuse of the whois data?
>
> Understand that I don't support jamesguy on the way in which he has
gone
> about it or even some of the things he has been saying but on the
mater
> of the whois data I am concerned!
>
> Regards
> David Uzzell