Request fro details of Domains from MelbournIT

From: jamesguy <jamesguy§guyassociates.com.au>
Date: Tue, 22 Jul 2003 16:22:13 +1000
Dear James,

Since our discussion yesterday I have been become aware that you have
previously discussed Registry Key Retrieval processes, and Melbourne
IT's Corporate Domain Management Service with Sam Hendry and Paul
Perrett. In light of your previous request to have your emails managed
free of charge by Melbourne IT (I refer to your email of 8th May to Sam
Hendry), and our declining this arrangement, I find it inappropriate to
now agree to do a domain name search free of charge for you, as it
certainly would involve considerable time on our behalf, and as
previously advised is not a part of the service we offer to customers,
unless they become CDM customers. It is important that I support the
previous decision made on this by Melbourne IT, and had you raised your
prior discussions on the matter when you spoke with myself or our CEO, I
would have advised of this outcome at the time.

The best way for you to retrieve your registry key details and expiry
dates on this and future occasions, is directly through our website
which is the fastest option at
http://www.melbourneit.com.au/maintenance/recoverkey.php or you can send
an email to accounts&#167;melbourneit.com.au listing the domain names
involved and requesting the registry keys, and we will email the reg
keys to the admin contact (which you have advised is yourself). Another
option is for CDM to manage the domains for you at a fee as previously
discussed, and we would be very happy to discuss this with you further.

You also asked me about access to the WHO IS database and how this
relates to the privacy policy. Policy information surrounding the WHO IS
database is governed by Auda (who our policy department has advised me
you have previously dealt with) and you would need to refer policy
issues to them on this matter.
Melbourne IT adheres to the Privacy Act, and you can find details of our
Privacy Policy at http://www.melbourneit.com.au/privacy/  In line with
the privacy legislation, you have the ability to access or update your
personal information at any time through our website. However it is not
apparent to us which sections of the privacy legislation would require
Melbourne IT to consolidate your domain names and/or manage them for you
free of charge. If you wish to pursue this matter further then I suggest
that (in line with our standard procedures for matters of this nature)
you send us your request in writing, specifying the relevant sections of
the privacy legislation and the particulars of your complaint to
policy&#167;melbourneit.com.au

I would reiterate that it is a customers' responsibility to manage their
domain names through our site, and that Melbourne IT does not provide a
management function for customers' domains, unless they are CDM
customers. I regret that on this occasion I did not have all the
relevant information regarding your prior discussions with various other
Melbourne IT staff when we discussed the issue.

In reference to your request via email on 21st May, Melbourne IT has not
changed its position on your request for a joint venture arrangement
with your company.

I hope that this has helped to answer your queries, and I would
encourage you to forward any future communications which are not
standard processes or policy queries to myself and I will be happy to
respond personally to them.

Regards,
Melissa Fitzpatrick
General Manager, Operations
Melbourne IT Limited
Email: Melissa.fitzpatrick&#167;melbourneit.com.au
Phone:  +61 3 86242355  (International)