auDA transparency and accountability.

From: Jason Pay <jasonpay§au1.ibm.com>
Date: Wed, 23 Jul 2003 18:08:31 +1000
In reflection on my post earlier, I have been browsing the auDA minutes
and I have found that they seem to be working towards more transparency
and accountability, in particular, I was pleased to see,

? Policy Reviews
Concern: There is no clear roadmap for policy reviews.
Response: There was lengthy discussion regarding policy review and whether
all policies should be
reviewed as a matter of course or only reviewed when there is stimulus to
do so and whether reviews should
be conducted by panels or not.

Action:  auDA staff to consider setting up a policy review panel at some
stage within the next 12 months
and make a call for submissions on which policies should be reviewed.

Following further discussion, the board noted in particular that all
relevant parties need to have input
into policy issues.

It will be interesting to see if the 'consider' turns into a 'will' - IMO
policy review should be an ongoing process and there should have been a
process in place from the start.

that aside, the report from
Liz Williams
was quite interesting, I wonder if auDA will be taking up any of the
suggestion's in this report?

anyhow,
Regards,
Jason Pay