RE: [DNS] Domain Names Australia

From: Sean Finn <sean§teknol.com.au>
Date: Thu, 24 Jul 2003 17:59:07 +1000
Fair enough then regarding how they are presenting their offer.

Within the realms of reality, the only way Auda can really do something is
if they find the registrar that is supplying them, and take action at that
level.

The question is (And i have no idea, im not a legal boffin), *is* it
appropriate to blanket-ban them and get them restrained from registering
domains, and if so, what happens to their exising customers, who will
support them when their income stream is removed, and the business
collapses? Is there sufficient proof and ability to even be able to get
their banks to stop taking payment, (e.g. that court order thingy) once &
for all?

But the question remains, sure they are scamming, BUT, what are the
implications of stopping them, what is the most extreme level that it can be
reasonably taken to at this stage, and what actions of stopping them would
overstep the mark of the nature of the breach.

?

Just rambling thoughts.