Re: [DNS] Domain Names Australia - How to stop them

From: Tony Owen <tony§seol.net.au>
Date: Thu, 24 Jul 2003 19:37:44 +0930
Hi,

If it was illegal, you wouldnt have to block IP's or Emails .. you only have
to prove they are breaking the law, heck I  have a heap of their notices ...
I'd work with the authorities to prove that they accepted my money, the
follow the domain transaction from there ...

Then prosecute, I think 1 months jail for each "attempt" or "invoice" ..
should put them away for a little while.

Cheers

> If they're registering the names as a retail client, how do you identify
> the order as coming from DNA? Block their email address? They'll just use
> a different one.  Block their IP address? Ditto.
>
> It's my understanding that the appropriate manner in which to deal with
> issues such as this where the party involved is operating outside of a
contractual
> relationship with auDA is under the relevant provisions of the Trade
Practices