RE: [DNS] auDA password recovery

From: Domain Registration Services <mail§domainregistration.com.au>
Date: Mon, 28 Jul 2003 22:28:29 +1000
> Quoting Kirk Fletcher on Monday July 28, 2003:
> |
> | I hadn't really thought of it before - but the only thing I can think
> | of is that it displays the email address and so can be used to harvest
> | addresses by spammers.
> |
> | This of course can be done through whois anyway - but this has
> | limits on number of hits from a specific IP.
> |
> | That's all I can think of - perhaps I'm missing something else.
>
> Well, that one is easily fixed.  Just don't show the email, or show it
> in some kind of obfuscated format, or use a captcha challenge.
>
> kim

Hello Kim,

It would be great if it could be fixed. It was always handy being able to
direct registrants to a "neutral" website where they could retrieve their
password independently without going through all the rigmarole some
registrars put them through. Do you think there's any chance it will go back
to the way it was or is this new system here to stay : (

Jacqui.