auDA and required change

From: James Guy <jamesguy§guyassociates.com.au>
Date: Tue, 9 Sep 2003 13:17:35 +1000
First, I wish to applaud the Board of auDA for adopting a yearly review of
legal services.  I would state further that the final step is to adopt
public tendering for all services provided to auDA on a yearly basis.

Further the current round in the review of the whois policy has produced
some interesting submissions from government bodies.  The question that
bothers me is has auDA approached the Office of the Federal Privacy
Commissioner previously as its current postings justifying the current whois
policy rely heavily upon privacy as the main issue driving the changes.  Why
has the Office of the Federal Privacy Commissioner not contributed a formal
statement?

Finally, the ACCC has developed a competition certification system to
certify organisations as being competition compliant.  Submission to this
system would seem to be a clear step in the right direction despite the
negative publicity between Mr Disspain and the ACCC over the latest mail
out.

I state my opinion once again - unless auDA changes to adopt systems of an
accountable and transparent public body its days free of government
intervention will be numbered.

James Guy

Principal

GUY & AssociatesT