Re: [DNS] DNA/ Explorer registrations

From: Deus Ex Machina <vicc§cia.com.au>
Date: Thu, 11 Sep 2003 21:46:28 +1000
Daniel Jumeau [Bluecom&#167;comdom.net] wrote:

> I had a call from Chesley Rafferty wanting to register 2000 .net.au
> domains. I was going to do it but our registar bottle domains wouldn't
> want a bar of it. So I  guess he went to Exploxer.

indeed, explorer who register 150 a month, given the option of registering 2000 domains
obviously said stuff it just do it. keep in mind Explorer would have to prepay nearly $100k
to ausregistry before being able to accept the order. so there is no possiblity of
the order just going through explorer without full knowledge of where it came from
and what it was really about. explorer also allowed DNA to go to court saying they
had registered the names in question.

very very disapointing.

Vic