DNS list - attacks

From: Chris Disspain <ceo§auda.org.au>
Date: Mon, 15 Sep 2003 12:21:18 +1000
All,

I have just spent the morning reading through the over 200 DNS posts
since last Thursday morning.

Firstly, just so that everyone is clear;

a) the list is NOT an auDA list but a discussion forum for those
interested in DNS issues.
b) the list is not run by auDA
c) whilst I will sometimes post to the list, as a general principle,
auDA does not answer questions that are posted to the list.

Several of you have raised the point that having the list hosted by auDA
and using an auDA based email address could give the impression that it
is an auDA list. I agree that this impression could be given but have
always felt that as long as it was explained to list members up front
that the list is not an auDA list, then all would be well.

Those of you who have been on the list for some time will know that
(pompous and authoritarian though this may be ;-) ) I find personal
attacks of any nature both unnecessary and offensive. It is
disappointing, to say the least, to see the level to which some have
sunk over the last few days. I consider myself to be fair game, to a
degree, which is why I am prepared to tolerate the breathtaking
arrogance, hypocrisy and ineloquence of a personal attack from someone
such as John Russell.

However, personal attacks on others are a different matter. There have
been at least 2 different types of such attack over the last few days.
One is email containing personal abuse about an individual. The other
appears to be a concerted attack by some of those engaged in litigation
with auDA about which, more later.

Please cease using the list for personal attacks. It is up to Kim to
manage the list BUT, unless this misuse and abuse stops, auDA will cease
to host or be involved in any way in the list which would, in my opinion
be a pity.

Regards,

Chris Disspain
CEO - auDA