Re: [DNS] Free trial of id.au domains

From: Lucian Daniel Kafka <luci§conexim.com.au>
Date: Mon, 15 Sep 2003 19:55:19 +1000
At 09:57 AM 9/15/03 +0200, you wrote:
>AUSREGISTRY ID.AU "FREE TRIAL" PROMOTION
>
>AusRegistry has launched a special promotion for id.au, the domain space
>for Australian individuals, commencing 15 September 2003.

The only problem is that if you do the math, it doesn't make commercial
sense to take advantage of the promotion. The service and management
requirements cost more than the few dollars savings for the .id.au volumes.

In my opinion, it would have made more sense to have no service bundling
imposed (left up to VARs), and set the new .id.au domain expiry to +6
months from the registration time, instead of the deletion/continuation
process. That would have fit in with the existing domain supply chain
framework, not requiring any separate handling. Ie. $0 to deploy the promotion.

Kind regards,

Lucian Kafka
www.conexim.com.au