Re: [DNS] FW: johnthomson.id.au has been registered for you.

From: Richard Archer <rha§juggernaut.com.au>
Date: Tue, 16 Sep 2003 09:07:13 +1000
At 7:39 PM +0200 15/9/03, Kim Davies wrote:

>There is no obligation on the registry (as far as I know) to deploy
>IPv6, to run a DNSSEC testbed, to share operational experience with
>other ccTLDs or standards groups, or to invest any further effort into
>improving the DNS beyond the bare minimum needed to fulfil the current
>contract.

Good points! I know the competition panel was aware of this line of
reasoning because my submission of 20/5/2001 stated exactly that.

>Unfortunately this world-view is at complete odds with the considered view
>of the Competition Panel of 2000.

It seems to me that the role of the competition panel was to make sure
the model that was pre-ordained was implemented without pissing off the
ACCC. That seems to me to be the only thought given to "competition".

 ...R.