Re: [DNS] Change to operation of .com and .net DNS service

From: Lucian Daniel Kafka <luci§conexim.com.au>
Date: Tue, 16 Sep 2003 19:50:44 +1000
At 12:28 PM 9/16/03, you wrote:
>Hello All,
>
>Verisign, the operator of the .com DNS nameserver service, have
>overnight redirected any mis-typed domain names to their own search
>page.

I wish them good luck coping with the resulting traffic. I estimate lots of
terrabytes per month. The service timeouts show that the capacity planning
was not quite perfect on their part.

We have registered a domain in the .au space which is similar to a popular
name, and used to get about 50,000 miss-typed emails per month, not
mentioning the traffic.

Kind regards,

Lucian Kafka
www.conexim.com.au