Re: [DNS] .id.au eligibility

From: Ian Smith <smithi§nimnet.asn.au>
Date: Wed, 17 Sep 2003 02:50:53 +1000 (EST)
On Tue, 16 Sep 2003, Kirk Fletcher wrote:

 > > >not fortunate. its the good work of the AUDA staff!
 > >
 > > You mean ausregistry staff?
 > >

 > No - policy change is auDA's department...

Used to be, anyway.

 > To be honest, I think the policy change has a greater impact on the
 > usefulness of id.au domains than the promotion.  But the promo is
 > a convenient way to attract attention to the more relaxed policy.

Where are any details of this supposed change in AuDA policy?  What
panel or public process brought it about?  Where's the Press Release?

Mention of the 'free 6 months' push marketing on AuDA's home page, but
nothing I can see about any changes to policy.

http://auda.org.au/policy/ seems to have nothing new to say either.

'Domain Name Eligibility and Allocation Policy Rules for Open 2LDs' is
still at version http://auda.org.au/docs/auda-2002-07.txt

Cheers, Ian