Re: [DNS] Enetica Certificate of .id.au

From: Bennett Oprysa <bennett§enetica.com.au>
Date: Wed, 17 Sep 2003 09:37:30 +1000
Mark Hughes wrote:
> If the conversion rate is very high, then there's virtually no financial
> disincentive not to extend it to all .au domain names.

If I see a conversion rate of even 10% I'd be very happy with the
promotion.

There is considerable cost with running this sort of thing, and there is
potential to confuse end users if we do it too often. We won't know how
well this goes for at least 6 months, I would expect at that point that
the industry will have a look at the resulsts and see if it is worth
repeating in some way.

There is a possibility that the upcoming release of the geographic
names, ie nsw.au etc will involve some similar incentives to get the
domain space started.

Bennett.