bottle free id.au domains

From: David Keegel <djk§cybersource.com.au>
Date: Thu, 18 Sep 2003 16:16:49 +1000 (EST)
I saw an email this morning sent overnight from Bottle saying that they
had deleted the "free gift" id.au domain (which had not been accepted or
rejected).  And the domain in question was gone from whois and the DNS.

Sounds close enough to a corrective email to me.

] Bottle domains have not sent a corrective email at this stage. Why are they
] being allowed to profit from a similar scheme to Mr Rafferty? Does the code
] of practice mean you can run this type of deceptive marketing, profit
] greatly from it then just have a link on your front page for a month? You
] can bet the offer doesn't link to the front page.
]
] John
]