Jobsearch.gov.au

From: <retsil§zipworld.com.au>
Date: Sat, 20 Sep 2003 11:26:53 +1000 (EST)
Hey everyone,

I've noticed that emails to addresses like dfjhgdtghrdtdsf.com no longer
bounce. I find this especially concerning for spam-proofed addresses where
you have to guess what the email address really is. There are also
significant privacy issues.

Take one example:

I had much experience with this on the www.jobsearch.gov.au website.
However, I really concerned that such emails are now sent to verisign.
Verisign insist that they are free to do as they please with such
information, yet Australian privacy laws should protect us.

Worse still verisign doesn't even send a bounced reply saying that the
email wasn't received.

I've contacted the jobseach site recommending that visitors be warned of
the new effects.

I was just wondering what you guys thought.