Re: [DNS] funny

From: Mike <mjr§hydrocorp.com>
Date: Fri, 24 Oct 2003 06:28:35 +0930
Isn't it funny how the worm turns....
Not many people found it funny when I registered fuck.com.au 4 years ago...

http://www.efa.org.au/Publish/PR990226.html

And here's my favorite link and some text snipped..

http://www.andy.mallett.net/geek/news/nofkname.htm

However, the one thing I found funniest out of all the crap that flowed
from my decision to rego fuck.com.au was the following quote from EX
-CEO of Melbourne IT, Peter Gerrand,

"The Internet is growing very quickly and the policies that govern the
use of the Internet in Australia should be sensitive to the values of
the Australian community," said Pete, munching on his Big-Mac.
"For this temporary embargo, INA have adopted the list of excluded
offensive words used by the US National Science Foundation,
administrators of the .com Internet space.

Banned words include fuck, piss, shit, motherfucker, cocksucker, tits
and cunt," he blurted, causing a number of those gathered to splutter
into their sandwiches.

In all seriousness though, I thought we would have moved on by now, but
sadly.....the more things change, the more things stay the same...

All the best..

Mike.