CORRECTION Re: unauthorised Domain Transfer/Renewal notice from DDNS

From: Sandra Caballero <webdesign§virtualvisions.com.au>
Date: Mon, 9 Feb 2004 14:50:13 +1030
Hi again,

I have been talking with Liz Keys of Discount Domain Name Services
(DDNS) and have established that the phone call and fax she made to my
client were in response to an actual "request for a domain name
transfer".

  This request did not originate from my client, or me acting on behalf
of my client, but instead an "unknown source".

We can only assume this to be RegistryWeb, the current Reseller (?) in
control of my client's domain name.

My apologies to Liz and DDNS re my last email to the List. I fear my
questions asking "why" they were calling and sending forms to my client
may have implied they were involved in wrong doing. Liz was only doing
her job and following through on a transfer request she received.

Over this past year RegistryWeb have been moving domain names from
Registar to Registrar without my clients even knowing.

RegistryWeb's tactics have been to keep the Domain Passwords from the
client, to use what they call security-handles in place of the actual
Contact Email so they can filter "transfer correspondence" and also
move the domain name to a cheaper Registrar close to expiry.

Has anyone else experienced this?

Regards, Sandra