Re: [DNS] New virus scam impersonating domain registrars.

From: Kim Davies <kim§cynosure.com.au>
Date: Mon, 29 Mar 2004 17:03:16 +0800
Quoting Greg Tenni on Monday March 29, 2004:
| Here's an interesting spin on the phishing scams going around. The virus
| community have latched onto a new means of propagating their wares. A
| pretend cancellation notice from the id.au domain registry, if it should
| ever exist.

I don't think that is the case. It is rather a poorly coded attempt at
tricking people into thinking their email account has been cancelled;
not their domain name. The language of the scam makes much more sense if
you imagine the domain as something like "aol.com". I suspect the code
assumes all domains are only two levels deep.

kim