Re: [DNS] Rationale of .au high price was: [DNS] Cat got your tongue Chris?

From: <magic2147§optushome.com.au>
Date: Mon, 17 May 2004 19:07:13 +1000
On 17 May 2004 at 16:34, Kim Davies wrote:

> Whilst there is clearly some cost in establishing a registry system,
> it need not be too high. In the tender process, auDA sets some minimal
> levels that a registry must comply with, but other than that there is
> not much to it.
>
> The technical foundation of a registry is not that complex. It is a
> glorified database, with some unique, but relatively straightforward,
> interfaces to it.

Umm so registrants are paying over the odds so that a proprietory company could
develop a system that they could then resell many times over and not pay any
dividend back to the people who provided the equity.

Gee I am glad we have all those cool Demand class directors looking after registrants
interests.

cb