Re: [DNS] bt.com.au

From: <magic2147§optushome.com.au>
Date: Wed, 19 May 2004 14:19:09 +1000
On 19 May 2004 at 11:43, Brad Norrish wrote:

> From memory Basketball Times Pty Ltd at the time of registration was a
> reserved company name - eligible under the old Melb IT criteria

Well that's fair enough then.

Now has anybody told you why the domains have at this point of time been whacked
with

There is a note at the bottom of the Ausregistry record relating to the name being
reserved.

If it is a reserved name how come it managed to get past the checks applied by the
registry's multi-million dollar system and two registrars - at registration (and when it
was reviewed by MIT's very expensive legal dept.)  and at the time of transfer?

On the other hand a courageous person might suggest that some dissembler has got
it in for you and is checking the credentials of each domain associated with you very
carefully.

Personally I can't see why auDA would want to knock out domain names with a
county code connotation - especially as at least one Austrain domain luminary and
current auDA director thinks something.au.com is a real domain name.

cb