Re: [DNS] iRegistrations becomes Ezinames aka Domain Names Australia (Brad Norrish + Chesley Rafferty)

From: Ian Smith <smithi§nimnet.asn.au>
Date: Fri, 13 Aug 2004 03:46:45 +1000 (EST)
On Thu, 12 Aug 2004, Josh Rowe wrote:

 > iRegistrations (www.iregistrations.com) has merged with Ezinames
 > (www.ezinames.com) aka Domain Names Australia Pty Ltd.
 >
 > I wonder if iRegistrations' name change has something to do with their rave
 > reviews ... ?
 > http://www.sitepoint.com/forums/printthread.php?t=103060
 >
 > " ...

Phew.  Thanks once again for your diligence from the crow's nest, Josh.

[..]

 > 2.6.2 Currently each new ezinames account attracts the provision of the
 > following services for the first domain registered from ezinames : Bulk
 > 500MB Hosting account, host up to 20 domains with up to 20,000MB data
 > transfer (20GB), 500x POP email accounts, 20 MySQL Databases, 200 FTP
 > accounts, 200 Mailing Lists, 500 Sub-domains, CGI-Bin, Control Panel, Search
 > engine submission (provided in hosting control panel).

Well it does sound like a pretty handy setup; next time I want to build
a decent sort of empire I'll be sure to need something just like that.

 > 2.6.4 ezinames offers these services free for a trial period of 7 days from
 > the date of domain name registration.

 > 2.6.9 Billing after the initial free trial period is by direct debit from
 > the registrants nominated credit card at the rate of $US599 for 1 year
 > service period. This charge will be billed in $AU at the then current
 > exchange rate as provided at www.x-rates.com

 > 2.6.13 Should any fees charged by ezinames to the registrants nominated
 > credit card for the account be charged back (including but not limited to
 > fees for domain registration, hosting, or search engine submission) then
 > ezinames shall gain full ownership, control and possession of the domain
 > name involved. The registrant will also be liable to pay ezinames a
 > chargeback administrative fee of $30.00.

Ownership, control and possession of a domain name eh?  Are they somehow
accredited by AuDA, or aren't they flogging .au domains?

What a fun little test case for a keen young law firm; don't pay, dare
'em to sue, copy it all to AuDA, ACCC, national dailies, 7:30 Report ..

Cheers, Ian