Re: [DNS] AUDA chaos

From: David Keegel <djk§cybersource.com.au>
Date: Sun, 15 Aug 2004 10:15:01 +1000
Have you had a look through the auDA Published Policies?
This one:
	Complaints (Registrant Eligibility) Policy (2004-01)
	http://www.auda.org.au/policies/auda-2004-01/
looks to me like it would be applicable to a bodgy ABN situation.

On Sun, Aug 15, 2004 at 08:50:24AM +0930, Mike wrote:
> Hi All,
>
> I was going to wait a few more days before I asked onlist the same
> question I put to the auda email address, but seeing how only some of my
> questions normally get answered, I may as well make the question public...
>
> What can a person do if they want a domain that they know to be
> fraudulently registered..
>
> So..for the sake of clarity...
> If I want to register domain XXXXXXXXXXYYYYYYYZZZZZZZ.com.au or
> XXXXXXXYYYYYZZZZZZ.net.au and I know that the domain registrant has a
> bodgy ABN, how do I go about registering the domain?
>
> Who do I make a comlaint to?
> Who do I apply for the domain to?
> Do I just go to my friendly neighbourhood reseller,or do I have to get a
> ruling from AUDA first?
> What is the correct procedure?
>
> Again, for clarity's sake, the ABN detail I'm referring to is not an
> expiry, but a clear fraudulent entry..
>
> I'm also wondering if a script is in place to check if a compny has a
> corresponding ABN/ACN when registering a domain...and if it's not, then
> why not?
>
> Especially if it is a requirement of a .com.au or .net.au registration....
>

> Mike.

 David Keegel <djk&#167;cybersource.com.au>  http://www.cyber.com.au/users/djk/
 Cybersource P/L: Linux/Unix Systems Administration Consulting/Contracting